Sunday, September 26, 2010

Meet Omar Rodriguez -- Leadership Interview Series (Part 2 of 6)

For the second installment of our RG LA Leadership Series, you have an opportunity to learn more about Omar Rodriguez and his role with Latin America. Please continue to pray for the entire leadership team in general and for Omar specifically!

Name
Omar Rodriguez

What is your history with ReachGlobal?
I have been a missionary with the EFCA since 1993, serving 1 year in Mexico City and 10 years in Venezuela. I've been part of the Area Directional Team since 2000.

What is your position on the leadership team?
  • Catalyst for Church Based Training
  • Area Crisis Manager
What does that mean? What do you do?
Church Based Training: Our principal goal is to help local church leadership to effectively nurture believers toward maturity in essential Bible knowledge, godly character, fruitful ministry skills, and Biblical relationships.

Crisis Management: If missionaries get into serious trouble, I coordinate RG efforts to help them. [Read more about Crisis Management from this previous blog entry.]

What makes you a good boss or leader?
I'd like to think that I can lead well under pressure, and I enjoy helping my teammates to succeed at what God has called them to do.

What do you want to/need to work on as a boss or leader?
I'd like to be a better encourager.

What has God been teaching you lately about being a leader?
To be a better student of those you lead, and to deal with "relational stuff" faster.

What excites you about the ministry we're doing in LA?
The hope I feel in seeing a new generation of leaders arising to serve the Lord.

How can people contact you?
In case of EMERGENCY, my cell is 714-930-6451. Otherwise, email me at omar.rodriguez@efca.org.

More Personal...

Tell us about your family.
I've been married 24 years to Rebecca, who works at developing women's ministries in the region. We have two sons: Omar Daniel is in his second year at UCLA studying engineering. Benjamin is a junior in high school.

Where do you currently live?
Fullerton, CA (USA)

What's the last book you read?
  • The Pacific
  • James in the New Testament
  • Deep Survival
What do you like to do for fun?
Ocean kayaking (even if I hardly get to do it anymore!), hanging out with Beck (always an adventure), and traveling with the family.

Prayer requests
  • Wisdom
  • Wisdom
  • Wisdom

No comments:

Post a Comment