Thursday, September 23, 2010

Meet Bob Werntz -- Leadership Interview Series (Part 1 of 6)

As you get to know more about Bob (in his own words) and his role on the leadership team, please remember to keep him and the other area leaders in your prayers!

Name
Robert (Bob) Werntz

What is your history with ReachGlobal?
  • Worship Pastor at Park Hills EFC 1995-1998
  • Founded Evangelical Free Church of Honduras church plant in 2001 – and have been part of the ADT since that time I think.
What is your position on the leadership team?
Financial Management

What does that mean? What do you do?
I monitor our financial resources and manage their application with the counsel of the Area Directional Team. I find creative ways to report the financial information so that the ADT can more easily make necessary decisions… I’m the guy that reminds the ADT of the financial realities under which we serve!

What makes you a good boss or leader?
I guess I often see things from a different angle; I like to find creative solutions.

My StrengthsFinder strengths are strategic, focus, input, learner, and deliberative.

What do you want to/need to work on as a boss or leader?
I want to work on balancing my desire to focus on the task with the need to cultivate quality relationships. 

What has God been teaching you lately about being a leader? 
To try to see people and ministry as Christ sees them.

Why do you love Latin America?
I love the culture and the people – and I love the music!

What excites you about the ministry we’re doing in LA?
Multiplying our resources by serving national movements – including movements that are not EFC but are compatible.

How can people contact you?

  • Email: Robert.werntz@efca.org
  • Skype: robertwerntz
  • Facebook
  • Text/phone: 815-275-6346

More Personal…

Tell us about your family.
Wife Joyce serves full time with RG CONNECT. We have three sons and three granddaughters.

Where do you currently live?
Freeport, IL (USA)

What’s the last book you read?
Doce Cuentos Peregrinos – por Gabriel García Márquez

What do you like to do for fun?
Date day with Joycie! Music!

Prayer requests

  • For my family
  • For wisdom for the ADT
  • For continued health and growth of the Evangelical Free Church of Honduras

No comments:

Post a Comment