Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Meet Taylor Knopf -- Communications Intern for LA

It's exciting to report that we now have a second set of hands working on communications projects in Latin America. Taylor Knopf arrived on March 2 to serve as the Communications Intern. Please read Taylor's introduction and contact her to welcome her to the LA team!

Taylor & Melissa in Costa Rica
Hola! My name is Taylor Knopf. I recently joined the ReachGlobal Latin America team as a Communications Intern. I will be living in San José, Costa Rica, for the next 5 months serving with Melissa in the area of communications. It is exhilarating to use my passion for writing to share what God is accomplishing in Latin America!
I am a university student, and, so far, I have spent three semesters at Miami University in Ohio studying journalism. Recently, I was accepted into my first choice college in Michigan, though. So, this fall, I will transfer to Hillsdale College as a sociology major in the journalism program to finish my degree.
My experience with ReachGlobal has been interesting. God’s hand was very apparent in the whole pre-field process. In June 2010, I planned to go to Budapest, Hungary, in March 2011 for a communications internship with EFCA. Some unfortunate complications arose, and the trip was cancelled in late December. I admit that I felt very disappointed then. It may have been shocking to me, but it wasn’t to God. He says in Jeremiah 29:11, “For I know the plans I have for you, [...] plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” The Lord closed the doors in Budapest, but He quickly opened new doors in Latin America!
Arriving in San José just one week ago, I already love the city. My Spanish needs a lot of work, though. I am limited to very basic words and phrases at the moment. Therefore, I will be attending a one month language intensive in May and moving in with a Tico (Costa Rican) family!
I am really looking forward to what God has in store these next few months. It is so exciting to see Him work!

No comments:

Post a Comment